Photo

Dragon Age: Origins

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

Poll: Dragon Age: Origins (18 member(s) have cast votes)

What base class will you be?

1. Warrior, master of weapons. (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. Rogue, silent and stealthy. (5 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

3. Mage, support and attack magic. (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

What race will you be?

1. Human (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. Elf (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

3. Dwarf (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

What will be your origin?

1. Human Noble (3 votes [23.08%])

2. Elf City (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Elf Dalish (3 votes [23.08%])

4. Dwarf Commoner (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

5. Dwarf Noble (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

6. Mage (must take if you are the mage class) (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Luinnar

Luinnar

Trust Me, I'm THE Doctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 02:17 PM

In one area, part of the story is that someone's wife ran off with her female lover. Nothing is shown, but you cannot skip it.

I had Zevran in my party a little bit and he seems VERY romantically hormonal, if you catch my drift. One of his party banters involved him asking Leliana about romantic practices (to put it mildly) of the Chantry she was in . I suggest leaving him out of the party if you want to skip those things.

#162 Azurite

Azurite

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 03:01 PM

I played it again for the first time in a couple of months. I just couldn't get back into it. :/

#163 Luinnar

Luinnar

Trust Me, I'm THE Doctor

• 5,480 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

I hear Return to Ostagar is out on PC/Xbox. Hopefully it will stay up this time :D

#164 Luinnar

Luinnar

Trust Me, I'm THE Doctor

• 5,480 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:06 PM

From kotaku

Electronic Arts has is aiming for the first quarter of 2011 for two of its bigger upcoming releases, pegging Visceral Games' Dead Space 2 and BioWare's next Dragon Age title for release by March 31 of next year.

EA also lists the Dead Space and Dragon Age sequels as bound for handheld platforms in addition to consoles in its quarterly financial update, with "Dragon Age Title TBA" also coming to the PC. Handheld, in EA terms, includes mobile platforms, so don't be surprised if Dead Space shows up on your iPhone at some point in 2011.

I would like to see DA 2 out by than, I hope it does not interfere with DLC though.

#165 Mr. Lostman

Mr. Lostman

The Gao Gao Stegosaurus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:13 AM

So, I finally got around to playing DA:O (360) over the course of last week, and truth be told it was thoroughly disappointing to me. I really felt that while Bioware was making this and Mass Effect 2 alongside of each other, they began to fight for the love of their developer, and DA lost.

It seriously makes me wonder if I was playing it wrong or something, as I heard so many good things about it. :\

#166 Colonel Link

Colonel Link

I'm running this monkey farm now Frankenstein.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:19 AM

So, I finally got around to playing DA:O (360) over the course of last week, and truth be told it was thoroughly disappointing to me. I really felt that while Bioware was making this and Mass Effect 2 alongside of each other, they began to fight for the love of their developer, and DA lost.

It seriously makes me wonder if I was playing it wrong or something, as I heard so many good things about it. :\

My thoughts exactly. Maybe I still have ME2 stuck in my head, but I've tried to enjoy DA:O. So far it's extremely disappointing.

#167 Luinnar

Luinnar

Trust Me, I'm THE Doctor

• 5,480 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:15 PM

I bet you two are not playing as a mage :P

I found I liked DAO a little more than ME 2. :)

#168 Colonel Link

Colonel Link

I'm running this monkey farm now Frankenstein.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

I'm a male Dalish rogue. My favorite type of character.

Edited by Colonel Link, 18 February 2010 - 12:30 PM.

#169 boyward

boyward

Bear down

• Staff Reviewer
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

Dragon Age RPG Core Rulebook Set. :eek: Dragon Age is looking more and more like D&D all the time.

#170 Luinnar

Luinnar

Trust Me, I'm THE Doctor

• 5,480 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

Dragon Age RPG Core Rulebook Set. :eek: Dragon Age is looking more and more like D&D all the time.

Paperback: 1 pages

Must be microfilm :P

#171 Luinnar

Luinnar

Trust Me, I'm THE Doctor

• 5,480 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

New Feast Day DLC! (party member spoilers in link)

Feastday gifts and pranks offer the player a chance to explore the approval system in Dragon Age: Origins at greater depth by making your companions despise or adore you. Feastday gifts and pranks packs are available for purchase individually or as a combo pack containing both the Gifts and Pranks.

* Feastday gifts and pranks are only playable from Dragon Age: Origins game.

Feastday Prank Pack

Price: $2 [160 BioWare Points, 160 MS Points, $1.99 PSN]

A collection of mostly humorous prank items that will significantly decrease your followers' affections for you. Some of these items have additional special uses once given to your followers. Bodahn stocks the pranks in his store at the party camp year-round.

Includes:

* Ten unique feastday pranks that your party members will love to hate. Each prank is specific to one potential companion.
* Two types of gifts to let you apologize afterward.

Example Prank:

Protective Cone — Give to Dog to decrease his approval.

* Additional Functionality: After giving the gift, Dog can equip the item as a collar.

Now Available:

*Feastday gifts and pranks are only playable from Dragon Age: Origins game.
*Not available as a separate download for the Mac version of Dragon Age: Origins.

Feastday Gifts
$2

Price: $2 [160 BioWare Points, 160 MS Points, $1.99 PSN]

A collection of mostly humorous gift items that will significantly increase your followers' affections for you. Many of these items have additional special uses once given to your followers. Bodahn stocks the gifts in his store at the party camp year-round.

Includes:

* Ten unique feastday gifts that your party members are sure to love. Each gift is specific to one potential companion.
* Two types of lousy gifts to let your companions know you weren't completely serious.

Example Gift:

Alistair Doll — Give to Morrigan to increase her approval.

* Additional Functionality: After giving the gift, activate the item to make Morrigan use it as a voodoo doll. If Alistair is present, he receives various humorous injuries.

$3
Feastday Combo Pack

Price: $3 [240 BioWare Points, 240 MS Points, $2.99 PSN]

A combo pack that includes all the items from the Feastday Gift and Prank packs at a discount.

Includes:

* All the content from both Feastday Gifts and Feastday Pranks.

To find the Feastday items:

Bodahn stocks the gifts and pranks in his store at the party camp year-round.
Now Available:

*Feastday gifts and pranks are only playable from Dragon Age: Origins game.

I hear the recent patch (or might be the DLC itself, PC only bug?) is buggy and you might only be able to access Bodahn's store by talking to his son.

Shale gets a unbreakable pigeon and a pet rock! :D

Yes this is real!

Posted Image

#172 Emblem 180

Emblem 180

This is a ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hey guys, quick question. I know many of you have put a lot of work into the lengthy review of DA:O, but I was still wondering about something. How much interaction is there with the desire demons and the Lady of the Woods? Can you skip/avoid any of it? I think I've deduced that most of the other sexual content is more or less avoidable, but I'm a bit hazy on this area.

Thanks!

#173 Luinnar

Luinnar

Trust Me, I'm THE Doctor

• 5,480 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

Hey guys, quick question. I know many of you have put a lot of work into the lengthy review of DA:O, but I was still wondering about something. How much interaction is there with the desire demons and the Lady of the Woods? Can you skip/avoid any of it? I think I've deduced that most of the other sexual content is more or less avoidable, but I'm a bit hazy on this area.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, the wood lady is at the end of a mandatory quest line. So only one conversation or so. There is about three times you talk to desire demons, all of them are mandatory (unless you don't want Shale). You also fight them as enemys sometimes. I think you can skip all cutscenes and skip through dialog I believe, at least in the PC version (you still have to choose choices so you might see them close up for a bit). The only dialog that is important that I remember is the wood lady, but that is important to the quest line rather than the overall story. Than there is Morrigan who you can cover up with a better armor and dump her if you want, she is mandatory. Also there is the topless brood mother boss which cannot be skipped.

It is impossible to skip all the sexual references. You can minimize it a bit if you know what you are doing (don't talk to Ogrin and Zeverand for example) but some come from NPCs that you talk too. I think you can skip everything that shows anything (unless you want one of the endings).

Also I believe in the Dwarf Commoner origin your sister is a prostitute. So you might want to skip that origin (I have not played that part).

Hope this help. Let us know if you have any other questions. :)

#174 Emblem 180

Emblem 180

This is a ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

Thanks, Luinnar! Big help as always. ^_^

Edited by Emblem 180, 05 May 2010 - 06:36 PM.

#175 boyward

boyward

Bear down

• Staff Reviewer
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

Once again, I find myself Dragon Age-less. (My 360 broke, and I just traded the game while it's still worth something.) I have other games to play right now, but I would eventually like to start a new quest on PS3 or something.

So, who besides me is holding out for a Game of the Year Edition that will (hopefully) include a lot of the DLC and "Awakenings"? If Bioware does put together some kind of GOTY collection, what would YOU like to go into it? I want Shale, The Warden's Keep, Awakenings, a steelbook case, and whatever major new expansions they deliver between now and then. Anything else is just gravy.

#176 PhoeniX

PhoeniX

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

So, who besides me is holding out for a Game of the Year Edition that will (hopefully) include a lot of the DLC and "Awakenings"? If Bioware does put together some kind of GOTY collection, what would YOU like to go into it? I want Shale, The Warden's Keep, Awakenings, a steelbook case, and whatever major new expansions they deliver between now and then. Anything else is just gravy.

Well I have yet to play this game, so a GOTY Edition would be awesome for me. I have been wanting to play it for some time.

#177 Emblem 180

Emblem 180

This is a ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

Did anybody else find Dragon Age to be really, really hard? I'm running into areas where I have to try over and over again, using every single tactic perfectly just to scrape through alive. I've died many times. Should it be this difficult? I'm only playing on Normal.

Edit: Seriously, this is harder than Demons Souls. I begin to wonder if I'm missing something.

Edited by Emblem 180, 08 July 2010 - 09:56 PM.

#178 Luinnar

Luinnar

Trust Me, I'm THE Doctor

• 5,480 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:08 PM

Did anybody else find Dragon Age to be really, really hard? I'm running into areas where I have to try over and over again, using every single tactic perfectly just to scrape through alive. I've died many times. Should it be this difficult? I'm only playing on Normal.

Edit: Seriously, this is harder than Demons Souls. I begin to wonder if I'm missing something.

No, that is how some PC RPGs are. You might have to restart a specific place a half dozen or more times.

You could always try it on easy :)

By the way, you have the PC version, correct? You might be interested in the Better Texture mod and the less blood mod. (blood still in some cutscenes).

I have not tried them, so I don't know how well they work. Make sure to back up your saves too if you use them, just in case :)

#179 Emblem 180

Emblem 180

This is a ferret.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:36 AM

No, that is how some PC RPGs are. You might have to restart a specific place a half dozen or more times.

You could always try it on easy :)

Agh, I guess I'm not as good at RPGs as I thought. KotOR was sure a lot easier. I feel that putting it on Easy would be like giving up, but I might have to.

I just really hate it when I have to depend on friendly AI to help me out. I can usually get my party to do what I want, but those stupid soldiers just run in and ruin everything! :pinch:

By the way, you have the PC version, correct? You might be interested in the Better Texture mod and the less blood mod. (blood still in some cutscenes).

I have the less blood mod and it's pretty good. I didn't know about the texture one, though. Maybe I'll check it out. Thanks for linking them!

#180 Luinnar

Luinnar

Trust Me, I'm THE Doctor

• 5,480 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

Agh, I guess I'm not as good at RPGs as I thought. KotOR was sure a lot easier. I feel that putting it on Easy would be like giving up, but I might have to.

I just really hate it when I have to depend on friendly AI to help me out. I can usually get my party to do what I want, but those stupid soldiers just run in and ruin everything! :pinch:

If you are not a mage you could go to the Mage Tower (forgot the exact name) first. In it you get a party member who is a Spirit Healer, which get great heals :)

Shale is also very powerful (but not over powered).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Christian Answers® Network home